Your use of Nonprofit Bidding is governed by this user agreement. By accessing and using Nonprofit Bidding, you agree that your access to and use of Nonprofit Bidding is subject to these terms and conditions.
- Nonprofit Bidding: Nonprofit Bidding is an online auction platform that supports nonprofit organizations to raise funds to support their work. The item(s) offered through the auction listing(s) are provided on the basis of the representations made by the organization running the auction. Nonprofit Bidding makes no representations or warranties and there are no conditions of any kind, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the goods and services offered through the auction, or with respect to any transactions conducted through the auction including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, any implied warranty arising from a course of dealing or usage of trade and any obligation, liability, right, claim or remedy in tort or breach of contract including negligence. Since we are a platform, we do not assume any liability or responsibility for any disputes between organizations running the auction and bidders. We also cannot guarantee that an organization or bidder will consummate any transactions and participating organizations and bidders both agree that this is a risk that they assume. You agree to release Nonprofit Bidding and its parent, subsidiaries, related and associated companies and their officers, directors, agents and employees from claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- Member Account, Password and Security: Upon registration, a user will create a user ID and a password. You must be 18 years of age or older to register. Please do not use this site if you are under the age of 18. Each member is entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their user ID and password. Furthermore, members are entirely responsible for any and all activities which occur under their user ID and password. A member must immediately notify Nonprofit Bidding of any unauthorized use of their user ID and password.
- Bidding: If you are the highest bidder in one of the online auctions, you are obligated to complete the transaction and pay the cost of the item, together with all applicable taxes, shipping fees and any other fees associated with shipping and receiving of the item. You should also know that bidding on an item is an irrevocable offer to purchase the item at the price bid and your confirmed bid can only be retracted if you have submitted your formal bid retraction request to our customer service and only under one or more of the following circumstances:
- You made a typographical error when placing a bid amount.
- New item information added during the auction changed your understanding of the item for which your bid was placed.
- Please see our Help section for an explanation of how to retract a confirmed bid.
You cannot retract a bid if:
- You have placed bids on a similar item.
- You have placed a bid on a Dutch Auction (please see our Help section for an explanation of a Dutch Auction)
- You have changed your mind.
- You state that you cannot pay for the item.
- You submit a bid retraction less than 24 hours before auction close.
Please note that a valid credit card is required to purchase any item offered for auction on this site. Your credit card will be billed if you are the highest bidder at auction close. If a credit card is declined for any reason, the organization running the auction will attempt to contact the bidder via phone and/or e-mail.
- Auto Extend: The auto bid extend feature on this site works to ensure that bidders will always have a chance to challenge bids placed when an auction is about to close. When indicated on a listing page, if a bid is placed during the last 5 minutes of an auction, the auction will be automatically extended for an additional 5 minutes from the time of the latest bid. The auction will close once all bidding activity has stopped for a period of 5 minutes.
- Accuracy of Auction Descriptions: Nonprofit Bidding is not responsible for, and expressly denies liability of, any warranty or description stated therein. Statements by organizations are not be construed as co-joined by Nonprofit Bidding in any implicit or explicit approval, sponsorship, endorsement or guarantee. The organizations expressly assume all risk and liability arising from the offer for sale, the actual sale and the delivery.
- Member Conduct: Member's right to use the Nonprofit Bidding site is personal to member. Member's use of the site is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Member agrees: (1) not to use the site for illegal purposes; (2) not to interfere or disrupt networks connected to the site; (3) to abide by all rules, guidelines, and terms and conditions as listed; and (4) not to transmit through the site any unlawful, harassing, libelous, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material or communication of any kind or nature.
- Termination or Suspension of Membership: Nonprofit Bidding reserves the right to issue warnings, temporary or indefinite suspensions or terminations of membership to the Nonprofit Bidding site to any user who violates any of the provisions set out in the rules, guidelines, and terms and conditions as listed or for any other reason at our sole discretion. If a member objects to any of these terms and conditions, or any subsequent modifications thereto, or is dissatisfied with the site in any way, such member's only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the site and to terminate his or her membership. The following are examples of unacceptable member conduct which may result in termination or suspension of membership in Nonprofit Bidding's sole discretion:
- Invalid or fraudulent registration information
- Fraudulent bidding activity
- Deadbeat sbidding activity
- Multiple accounts
- Participation by minors
- Repeated bid retraction requests
- Colluding with others
- Failing to pay after winning an auction
- Termination of Auction Listings: Nonprofit Bidding reserves the right to terminate at any time and without notice any auctions in the event Nonprofit Bidding, in its sole discretion, deems them: (1) to be overtly inflammatory, controversial, or offensive to our members; (2) violate any of the rules, guidelines, and terms and conditions of this site.
- Modifications to Site: Nonprofit Bidding reserves the right to modify or discontinue the site with or without notice to its members. Nonprofit Bidding shall not be liable to any member, organization or bidder, in tort or in contract, should Nonprofit Bidding exercise its right to modify or discontinue the site.
- Disclaimer of Warranties: YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF NONPROFIT BIDDING IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS' AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. NONPROFIT BIDDING EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NONPROFIT BIDDING MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE. NONPROFIT BIDDING MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. NONPROFIT BIDDING MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SITE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY USER FROM NONPROFIT BIDDING OR THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
- Limitation of Liability: NEITHER NONPROFIT BIDDING NOR TECHNICALITIESPLUS INC., THE COMPANY WHICH DESIGNED THE SITE BASED ON TECHNICALITIESPLUS INC.'S PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE AND TECHNOLOGY, SHALL IN ANY WAY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR FOR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED, OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THIS SITE OR ALTERATION OF USER'S TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE, EVEN IF NONPROFIT BIDDING OR TECHNICALITIESPLUS INC. HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.